Godolphin & Latymer SchoolHammersmith, London
Construction of a new two storey sports hall with a single storey building adjoining which houses changing rooms, fitness suites, dance studios, offices, storage and other ancillary accommodation. The façade of the building was designed to relate to the surrounding buildings and includes new brickwork, rain screen cladding, TECU bronze panels and a variety of windows and doors.
Godolphin & Latymer is a leading independent girls’ day school built in 1861. The project was undertaken whilst day to day educational life continued during term time so logistics and safety were key challenges. The new facility was enclosed on three sides by the school and a residential road adjacent to the site.